We have been having a fabulous time here in Fayetteville! The congregation is incredible. People have been very friendly and have invited us over for dinner and everything.
The ministry has been amazing! We have started/demonstrated about 14 studies. But then most of them went on vacation so we're starting to get back with them. Between the two of us, we have 7 regular studies. :-) And three of them have come to the meeting already!
I have a study with a 15 year old named Shoulu. (her name means "little rain") She is absolutely adorable! We giggle, high-five, hug, and everything. Nathan calls her my Chinese daughter. :-)
We have two studies with young couples that have small kids. One boy is 2 and the other is 5. They are both way too cute. The five year old brings us water and juice and cookies and stuff. One night he brought us a package of cookies. Then he came back and said, "I want these back" and took them to his room. It was hilarious!
Anyway. This past Tuesday we studied with the 2 year old's parents. We studied chapter 3 of the Teach book and Nathan showed them the prophecy in Daniel about God's Kingdom. After the dad read the part about the dream and the statue he immediately knew that Greece was in the statue and then Nathan asked him what he thought the mountain stands for and he said heaven! Can you believe it?! These are some deep thinkers!
Another study, Yong, told Nathan, "I will follow you." Nathan said, "Well, you follow me and together we'll both follow Jesus". Too cute!
I'll try to keep you all updated. :-)
Much love,
Jennifer
Thanks for this blog. I'm so happy that you both are having success. Your stories fill my heart with joy to think that their are still people that want to know about Jehovah! Keep up the good work. I hope more in the congregation will want to share with you. But I do know it isn't easy for many to learn another language.
ReplyDelete