Search This Blog

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Yang update...

Hey everyone!  I realize it's been a while since I've given you all an update on how things are going here.  Sorry about that.

Nathan told Yang that he needs to start studying twice a week since he will be going back to China in December and we have a limited time with him.  So he started that schedule two weeks ago.  Two Mondays ago Nathan showed him the Bible #3 video about prophecies.  The whole time Yang watched the video he was leaning forward towards the laptop.  When it was over he sat back, put his hand on his chest and with a tear in his eye said, "I appreciate.  I motivate.  We must fine work."  (The fine work comment was because of the Watchtower study about baptized brothers reaching out for a fine work!)

Last Tuesday we showed him the Organized video.  When it was over Nathan asked him what he thought.  He told Nathan to go first.  Nathan said, "I am so happy to be a part of this organization."  Yang said, "I am so excited to be a part.  I also am so happy."  WE LOVE HIM SO MUCH!!!

I have been pretty sad because XiaoYu went back to China.  :-(  We are still in contact through email and she has given me her phone number so I can send Witnesses to study with her there in China, but still it's sad she's gone.  Also, my other two Chinese studies have both canceled their studies!  Well, I started a new study!!!  Her name is Yanze (pronounced YenZuh).  I found her this past Wednesday and she immediately invited us in and we studied the first 3 paragraphs of Chapter 3!  She was super impressed that we had the Bible Teach book in Simplified Chinese Characters.  She couldn't believe it because China has pretty recently changed the national language to Simplified from Traditional.  She also had her 12 year old daughter come out and study with us.  And after our brief study she told me she asked me if I knew a certain Chinese word.  I didn't.  We looked it up in the dictionary and it said, "Predestined, Luck, Fate."  She said she felt that word described events like nice people like us coming to her door to teach her about the bible.  She said it's as if God sent us!  I assured her he had!!  I asked her when I could come back and she said, "we're home this week."  So we had our second study Friday morning!  Rebekah and I were there for an HOUR AND A HALF!!!  And even then she asked if we could stay for lunch!  Sadly we couldn't because Nathan and the Fullers had dropped us off and were waiting for us outside.  Then when I asked her when we could come back she said she had just bought plane tickets to take her daughters (she also has a 4 year old) to New Hampshire.  They leave Tuesday.  She doesn't know yet when they'll come back.  I asked if she could please email me when she gets back.  She said she could.  I left a little sad and worried that her interest might wane in the meantime.  Well, after our service group ate lunch I received this email from Yanze:
"Dear Jennifer:  I'm writing to thank you for your visiting and teaching. My daughter and I had happy time on your lessons. Now we have the contact and keep in touch :)  Best, Yanze Xie".
Seriously, How awesome is that???!!!


Love to you all,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment