Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Chinese Dinner

Yang, Gary, and two other Chinese guys made us a Chinese dinner.  It was so cute!  They cooked everything for us and pulled their table outside and we had this entire spread.  They invited the Fullers, Kim Kuenzel, and her daughter.  Before we ate, Jim (Kim's Chinese bible student who's house we were at) brought out this big pot and said we all had to eat this "very special food".  He said every person in China eats this.  I nervously asked what it was and Yang said, "Pig toes!"  I cracked up laughing and thought Jamie was going to throw up.  We all had to eat one.  During Nathan's prayer for our food he said "please give us your holy spirit" and I quickly added (in my head) "to not throw up and have diarrhea".  :-)  So after I ate my first bite of "pig toe" and gulped down some soda I dug around in the big foot and found some actual meat.  I told Sean, Jamie, and Nathan about it and told them they could find it between the toes.  So I dubbed it toe jam meat and we all died laughing!!!  But that wasn't the grossest thing we ate.  There was this bowl of what looked like worms and it tasted like slimy worms soaked in vinegar.  They said they scraped the inside of some kind of vegetable.  Ugh!

On to the most exciting news:  Yang said he wants to be a Jehovah's Witness!!!  He said he just doesn't know if he qualifies.  Sweet, huh?  Nathan told him he doesn't qualify yet, but if we work really hard we should be able to get him to be an unbaptized publisher by November.  So, that's our new goal!  You see, Yang goes back to China in December.  We think if we can get him firmly established in the truth before he goes back he'll be better equipped to handle things there.  So please be praying for him!

Love you all,
Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. I would have had an even harder time eating that fish that's looking out of the pot right at you!
    Pig toe jam.......I can relate to your part of the prayer!
    Keep up the good work there. May Jehovah continue to bless the spirit you show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hay Caramba!! Que es loco!!! ¿Alguna vez te digo que la oración en español? Tenga buen dia!
    Sinceramente,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete