Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Our study gets a study!

About three weeks ago we were at Yang's study and Nathan asked him if he had been talking to people about what he's learning. Yang said, "No". Nathan said, "Well, you need to". Yang said, "I don't know how". Nathan said, "Then you need to come to the Wednesday night meetings with us, because that's where they teach us how to talk to people about the bible". So, the very next day he came!!! Then last week we went to his study on Tuesday and he said, "I found a new Chinese girl and told her about studying the bible and she said yes. I want to study with her!" Nathan said, "Well, Jennifer can study with her and you can watch". :-) So, the very next day we went to pick Yang up for the meeting and the new Chinese girl was there! She came to the meeting with us!!! Her name is Chou. She is adorable! She sat beside me at the meeting and took everything in. She felt completely overwhelmed, imaginably so, considering how fast-paced the School and Service Meeting are. She felt particularly confused during the bible highlights so I leaned over and said, "We read this at home and come here and talk about it". So after the meeting Yang told her, "You have to study the bible every day". Chou looks at me and says, "you study the bible every day"? I said, "Yes". She said, "OK". I gave her the Watchtower for Sunday and explained which article we were going to study and how to study ahead of time. She said, "I read this at home. I find the answer, come here raise my hand, and talk about it?" I said, "Yeah." She said, "I think it is very difficult. Because I don't know much about the bible." I said, "It's OK." Then she asked about the Wednesday night meeting. I showed her the Kingdom Ministry and explained how it works. Then she said, "So you will come to my house and we will study before Wednesday?" HOW COOL IS THAT?????

Her and Yang went to the Chinese class with Nathan last Saturday and then when we went to pick them up for the meeting on Sunday they weren't there. Bummer! But they were both there for the meeting on Wednesday and guess what?! They said they were there on Sunday and didn't hear Nathan knock! So sad that they didn't hear us, but so happy that they wanted to go! :-) So, after Chou attended two meetings, we had her first study on Thursday!!! Now we have three studies regularly attending meetings! And....YANG GAVE HIS FIRST COMMENT ON WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was to the last question of the "God's Love" book. Yang said, "Life without pressure." Nathan and I could have burst with pride and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment